Saturday, July 11, 2009

In Forum with Former Students



It was one of great days in recent times. I was to meet many of my former students in one of Bangalur's best known landmark FORUM. Since, I am here in Bangalore for a month long training on e-learning and e-teaching , I had thought of meeting some of my former students on weekends. With the help of always helpful Vivek Kamath(2008) this was to come true today. As planned, I left IIITB ( where I am staying for training) at about 9.3o am and reached Forum by 10.15am. Just before, I started, Brahmachaitany, a 2006 passout had called me saying that he was also just leaving home and would be reaching the Forum by 10.30am and he did. For about an hour or so, we chatted over many things- his job, company, future prospectus etc. We did strolled through forum and had coffee. Although many had promised to come, no one appeared there even by 12.oo NOON. I was getting worried. Then all of a sudden started the inflow of students. First came Tejaswini(2008) and Sweta(2008), followed by Naumaan(2009) . Promod Wadappi joined us and sent sms to Bipin and Nagaraj. Closely followed Vicky Adhikari (2004) and Anshul. Slowly but surely we were having encouraging numbers. At about 1.30pm we decided to move to restaurant for lunch and it was Vicky Adhikari who led us to a great dinning place. Next one hour was all but having food and talking to each other. Mean while, Anusha Shetty(2006) and Giridhar(2006) joined us in the hotel. While Anusha made a hurried return, Giridhar stayed for longer. We returned to Forum again and happy to find few more students : Aditya Agarwal, Akshata Kulkarni. Then we waited a long for the arrival of Keerti Kulkarni who joined us at almost 3.30pm. Still more surprising was the arrival of Karthik, who passed out from Mechanical department. I was not able to recall his name, later I recalled that he was a volunter for one of the cultural event for which I was in charge. In the end we had another round of coffee and disbursed. May be we meet other alumni next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sir,
It was a great time meeting all the alumnies and our batchmates.
Thanks for calling me.
Felt great talking with all and sharing their thoughts.
Thanks once again sir.