Sunday, July 26, 2009

Priyanka Shetty(2009) Ventures into Teaching

Dear Sir,
I am happy to inform you that i have been working for the past 1 week. I am now a lecturer/assistant professor for BSc(IT) students in Anna Leela College in Mumbai. I have already taken 10 classes. I teach them 2 subjects Introduction to Information Science and Digital Computer Fundamentals. They cover subjects like Computer Organization,Networks ,Microprocessor and such topics.My students are learning quick and enjoying my class.

The joy at the end of the class when my students solve the problems by themselves is really something huge. I have been teaching them like they are small kids,so i start from the basic and make them understand. I have always liked your teaching sir,so like how you used to teach us with latest information and with the examples,I too teach them by giving examples of the latest technology. I have to go just 4 days a week that too for 2 to 3 hrs a day. But the preparation before the class is the hard work. I make sure i study from 3 to 4 textbooks before i teach them. I am not missing college life now i feel I'm back to college. The pay too is good.

All in all I am really happy. I had a technical interview where there were 10 to 15 people who were interviewing us.There were experts on various topics and members of the Mumbai University Board present for the interview.I answered all the technical questions they asked me as they asked about my project.The next day they tell me that out of the 30 to 40 people they interviewed they liked only 3 of them and i was one of them.That was one of the happiest days of my life.They have asked me to think about further studies and i have assured them that i will do my masters.
I have always enjoyed teaching my younger cousins and my friends,but i never realised this could be a good career option for me.But now i don't want to ask for anything better. Thank you sir for being such a good teacher.All my student life i have had a favourite teacher in the different schools i studied,in college you were one of them.I will contact you when i need any help if its OK sir.

Thank you again sir,

7 comments:

Praveen Kumar said...

Nice to hear.. Congrats priyanka..

Harsha Y said...

hey congrats priyanka. All the very best.

Tejaswini said...

congrats Priyanka..

Sushma said...

cool!!!! Congrats...................

Unknown said...

Cool.... Well done... Have a bright future... :)

charlie gujrati said...

great! priyanka, cool yaar.........

priyanka said...

Thank u everyone... :)