Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am Cloud 9 : Jeevan Dongre, Jr. Software Developer, Inkorus, Pune

I am Cloud 9 : Jeevan Dongre, Jr. Software Developer, Inkorus, Pune


I am very keen on sharing my final year project experience with my you all because I do understand the difficulty in choosing the right topics and even I was once in a dilemma like you guys not aware what kind of topics to be chosen for. The final year projects are not just gonna add to your academic brilliance but most of the times decide your career. So the topics for the project must be chosen very very carefully.


I am tech savvy and I had a great appetite for learning and staying updated about the latest and upcoming technologies.Before I decide any thing regarding my final year, I had two objectives that has to be fulfilled by project.Firstly it should be helpful to a group of people or a community like Education, Healthcare etc.Secondly it should possess a strong business objective, so that I should be in a position to promote it has product. Since the word “cloud computing” was in the buzz, I felt this could be one such interesting topic which i could take for my career deciding project. So I and my team approached ‘ happy-to-help-anytime’ Dastikop Sir, who gave us a clarity of the subject.

“CLOUD BASED TEACHING SYSTEM”(CBTS) was my final year project. The objective of this project is to bring the traditional class room teaching system a new dimension. Utilizing the resources which are already available in web, we are able develop a new product which can be managed effortlessly.By cloud-based teaching-learning system we mean a method of teaching where web is the point of contact between teacher and learner. This system may be used independently or in conjunction with class room teaching.

CBTS harnesses variety of cloud resources to design, develop and deploy teaching courses and delivers them over the web. By end-to-end we CBTS covers all aspects of teaching process such as Course registration, content delivery, monitoring of students progress, assignments, tests and final certification culminating with warding grades to registered students. The CBTS will be accessible to teacher and students at a web-interface and acts as a dashboard.

Suprizingly “Cloud Based Teaching Sytem” is not just our final year project, it is going to be a research activity soon as “Cloud Learning Environment”. People across the world(US/UK/Canada) are showing keen interest.Thanks to Social Networking sites.

I would suggest you to go for upcoming technologies since the industry prefers such projects rather than the conventional age old concepts. Lot many developers and Engineers are already working on traditional systems, to make different identity in the industry, its very important to up with a OUT OF BOX thinking and start working on cutting edge technologies.Finally its your interest all which matters.Prioritize your interests and strengths and do thorough searching before you choose the topic.

No comments: