Monday, July 12, 2010

Vijay Sali: How my project won me the job

Hello,

Its my immense pleasure to share my experience about “ How my project helped me to get my first job”.... Firstly my heartily thanks to Prof.Ravindra Dastikopa, for giving me an opportunity to share my views & experience in getting my first job...

During 7th semester myself with my team were thinking to do something which is new , innovative, and helpful to society , this was our main objectives.... As we approached Professor he suggested his idea's which will be helpful for the education system i.e “CLOUDBASED TEACHING SYSTEM”.

Here started our journey to think in the direction of "CLOUDBASED TEACHING SYSTEM”.... With this in mind we started searching more information with respect to this and during this session lots of brainstorming sessions happened on requirement collection, constraints, and choosing domains (Like java, python and .net)..... Finally we where al set & started our work in this .....

We understood the entire system environment and stepped into executing the plans what we had.. We took java as platform to develop a system. In between we faced lots of errors and constraints , that we fixed it .. And finally done with the project successfully ....Here , I would like to mention one more person Mr. Earlence Fernandes from PUNE , who helped & guided us during the time of project development....


In the entire process i have really learn' t lot many things which polished me to transfer myself from normal student to become a Professional and i'm very happy & satisfied with the work i have done so far ...... A Knowledge gained from our project really helped us to get a job which i'm in now.... Project really made us to enter into the Corporate world that too soon after my engineering without much delay ......

Finally coming to the job, offcourse the most important thing ....

I have applied to the job where I can apply my skills and get more knowledge about the industry.. They called for face to face interview.. I was confident in my work & on myself ...... Interview went nearly 6 Hrs .. It was pure technical session, in that they had asked on some basic concepts of Computer Science field , java and offcourse abt GAE (Google App Engine , i.e , based on my project ) .. And after 2 days of my interview I got my OFFER LETTER to my mail joining was on 5th July .... All this happened and stil our 8th sem results were not announced yet & i had an OFFER LETTER for my FIRST JOB in my hand....


If i just turn back & see, feels like all this happened like a miracle even though there were lots of ups & downs until the completion of my project ..... Finally my project helped me to get near to my destiny.....

by VijayKumar Sali, Jr. Software Developer ,Inkorus Solutions,Pune, India




1 comment:

harsha bhat said...

Hello,
Can anyone please explain the tech specs, the algorithm (if involved), the description of the end product, How cloud is used, etc?